Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The day I caught an angel


Four hours, twelve miles, three bags full
no suffering could be more heavenly.
If I can show no other form of affection,
let my strength be my voice.
For if I was to drop, would God forgive me?
No, to be blessed with this task was my plea.
To catch glimpse of such a creature let alone feel the embrace,
is more than most men will ever achieve.
If I have to carry this angel of glistening gold and silver,
just to enjoy her company let it be so.
For there is no other form of expression that could suffice…
Let me have the liberty of awe,
let my mind wander in the hazel wells she calls eyes.
Let my arms feel her creamy skin of silk,
let my soul escape into her embrace, if only for that moment.
The day I caught the angel in my arms,
and carried her across New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home