Tuesday, February 07, 2006

To Thine Ownself Be True

Some treat poetry and words like chemistry. One formula for a sentence and one for a phrase.
They write to earn and yet they don't need. The need to express, to read one's own thoughts moments to years after thinking them, is the beauty of writing. To expose the self on paper as a locket holds memories. True writing may happen on paper, or a piece of cardboard, a napkin, a book, a wall or a pair of jeans.

"I published a Book of Poetry! Look At Me! Ain't I Romantic?"

I lust for words; spend hours searching for ones to convey myself. I write to write my feelings, and I truly don't care if no one ever reads them. I hope no one ever reads my thoughts before I have thought them again. My life as I prefer is the B-side. I enjoy going backwards and being forgotten, because when someone does find me, I'll be that much more appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger DS Irvin said...

strange how i agree, especially with the last paragraph. it is all about the b sides

February 10, 2006 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home