Thursday, April 24, 2014

Apologies from Assisted Living

one year has passed by
and my ward I must vote aye
to keep within the realm of man
my mind searches for where it began

however,
the serpents of thought and hate
that escape the souls haunted gate
terrorize the mind in memory’s time

from the passage that is thy tongue
the demons of thought are sprung
lashing and thrashing the spirits soar
through the air as our breath does roar

without passage back 
our apologies stack
letters of great stature
to our self less mature
and in the years gone bye
wisdom now in our eye
we scold our child from within
tell him where to begin
to change what we have become
and maybe our tiny world some

but alas we cry
no tears left to dry
and shake our soul shall violently
as our demons dance in glee
to celebrate our desolation
from long forgotten devastation

one year has passed 
and my reminder has amassed
upon my doorway
the government letter lay
to remind me how
one year from now

one year shall have passed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home