Thursday, April 24, 2014

Look back in

A face emerges from behind closed eyes
A face that is remembered from years past
Staring deep into my soul
From within she stares
Watching me fail 
Watching me stumble home

A face emerges from behind closed eyes

Waiting for me to rise out of this darkness
Waiting to see my name in the sky
This face
Lost in history
Staring back at me 
Every time I close mine Eye

The minds eye
Privy to the visitor from within
The soul trapped behind mine eye
A beacon for my future
A reminder of my past
Who I want to be
Whom I want to be with me
She is there
From behind closed eyes
Staring at me 
Wanting me to become 
What I need to be
Who I should have become long ago
 
A face emerges from behind closed eyes

My eyes
Haunted by she whom I could never have

Without smothering who she was to be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home