Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Oh Mighty Creation

I sit here alone
Blinded from the light.
Where have these hours gone?
Never to be had,
My gullet groans.
These wee hours between life and loafing
My sham existence cries out for a savior.
Be my light,
Draw me away from this screen
Bring me out of the cave.
Here I sit watching the shadows upon the wall.
I need you're smile to free me of my shackles
I need you're strength to help me up.
The fire here glows bright red,
The statuettes frighten me.
Be with me as I climb this slope
Be with me as I become enlightened.
If you are here where I am
Come with me
I'm making a break for it!
Away from the flickering light,
Away from those who argue over the shadows on the wall.
Let me be up there, in the light of day.
Let me see you're purity,
Let me see you're essence.
But alas I sit here and weep.
Lay me down my soul to sleep.
I lust to climb forward
But my mind has grown too week
So here I sit, amongst the Sophists and the rest.
OH MIGHTY GOD OF GODS!
Allow me to be enlightened.
Allow me to know, allow me to be free.
Allow me to live.
Come with me to the land of the sun.
Forth we shall go, we leave at dawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home