Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yes. Thats Raght!

Whether we be
Upstairs or down here in the rain
It's all the same
I'm stuck wishing
Stuck wishing you'd come out tonight

Leaving me here to ponder the bottom of the glass
Wishing this was more than it could ever be.

The recycled Lips pounding out a broken tune
The boppers hopping the Hipsters rocking
The adoring yuppie fans in their new colors.
Happy to conform to rebel against le difference.

Leaving me here to ponder the bottom of the glass
Wishing this was more than it could ever be.

The ATM vomits it's bile into my hands
back into the bar

Contemplating the bottom of the glass
and the freedom of the dark outside.
My boots laced and my future determined,
my legs in anticipation.
Yearning for love never coming
For freedom now slipping away
for adulthood, now meaningless
deconstructed in the presence of children
So Hip
So Tame
So Same
Long lost in the bottom of the glass
wishing this could be more than it could ever be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home